Sunday, January 25, 2015

Blog Shudder

 Okay so, I began this endeavor in a whir of enthusiasm . With that, the tone of the day was set and I went about it with only mild trepidation.I walked alongside my daughter at 6:20 this morning on a trek I barely remember, due, not to the early hour ( as I am a morning person anyway) but to the ideas and insecurities clamoring for air time in my already ping-ponging brain: what if i screw this layout up- sheesh..thats really a large picture-how do i stick my crochet patterns and projects on there...and so forth. Ad nauseum.
     What quelled the monkeybrain effect was listening to the steady light crunch of my boots against the carpet of fresh snow, and thinking how the skeletanous trees looked as if they were swathed in billows of glittering cotton batting. I love the morning gumps. As is my norm, they range from 1.5 to 2 hours. today's was especially sublime.
I figure this is mostly for my eyes only lest a blizzard of "followers" suddenly join in. So freedom of expression is uncorked from the dusty cask that was forgotten in a Blair-Witch-style basement for far too long. 
       I even began a scarf today from a pattern that was being fine-tuned. It's a thrill to have people want to purchase them. I hope to figure out the how-to's of posting them here, or doing an Etsy store.
      One bold endeavor at a time, though. In a few hours i can go to sleep, satisfied with the fulfillment of creating the day i wanted. An intent i remind myself of every morning with one little query : " What do i want today to look like?"  I go from there.
I'll even sleep in satisfied self acceptance and not rumination. Typos herein and everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment